Do you ever host holiday parties in your home? Even if you only occasionally have a few family members over, you know how difficult it can be at times to create a spread of hot food that will stay warm and please everyone. Worse yet, you might spend the entire night in the kitchen cooking the meal and neglect to talk with everyone you’ve invited over.
If you’re looking for an easy appetizer that will not keep you locked away in the kitchen throughout your event, this recipe for marinated mozzarella is a great appetizer to set out for your guests to enjoy.
What makes these so great is how easy they are to make. If you plan ahead and take ten minutes to mix all the ingredients together, these need to marinate for two days (read: sit in the refrigerator while you do other things) and then they’re ready to serve; no heating, just put them in a bowl and let your guests do the rest.
Sometimes you can get away with not having a full meal for your guests if you put out a large variety of appetizers, including this recipe. I’ll have a few more appetizers to share with you in the coming days to add to this recipe.
What do you usually do for the holidays? Do you host a party for your friends and family, attend a party held by someone else, or do both?
- 1 pound mozzarella
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Using a melon baller, scoop spheres out of the mozzarella. Alternatively, cut the mozzarella into cubes for easier preparation.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Allow the mixture to marinate at least two days in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally.
- Stir well to mix before serving.