Last week I sang praises about my love for mint as a culinary herb because of how easy it is to grow… this week I’m talking about ginger!
Ginger can be found in an array of processed foods… gingerbread, ginger ale (learn to make it yourself from scratch by clicking here), gingersnaps, candied ginger, and more. When you use it as a fresh ingredient in cooking at home, make sure you do so carefully, as ginger can actually add a spiciness to food that you might not want!
This recipe is great for anyone trying to stick to a raw, gluten free, vegetarian, or vegan diet, and is an ideal way to substitute out a green salad when you’re looking to serve something different than the usual.
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cashews, lightly chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely grated
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons paprkia
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper as desired
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Toss to combine.